Solstice Run, Saturday, June 21
Join us Saturday, June 21, for an off-leash run / walk at Wanoga. The 9k starts at 4:30 pm and the 5k at 5:15 pm, with post-race burgers and beer for all participants. The route will include a combination of double track (unused dirt roads) and single track (trails). More details to come...
The new version of our brochure, with Bend and forest off-leash maps, is available at OLAs, pet stores, vet offices, and Visit Bend and Central Oregon Visitor Association (COVA) offices.
Here are electronic versions:
If you have any feedback for us on the brochure / maps, please email us.
Some of our activities and accomplishments
DogPAC is a community volunteer organization that does a combination of advocacy (many hours in meetings) and on-the-ground enhancement for off-leash recreation (many hours in the forest and parks).
- We provide information and promote responsible dog guardianship, especially relating to off-leash recreation.
- We adopted and maintain the Deschutes River Trail and broader Good Dog! area between Entrada Lodge and Meadow Camp.
- We created, maintain, and groom Central Oregon's only groomed ski and snowshoe trails that allow dogs.
- We provide poop bags and empty "poop trash" at Good Dog!, the Wanoga winter trail, and the Phil's Trail parking area.
- We catalyzed the relaxation of summer trail restrictions in the national forest (Deschutes River Trail and wilderness).
- We catalyzed the Bend Park and Recreation District's expansion from 1 OLA to 7 in 2009; the Oregon Recreation and Park Association recognized our collaboaration with BPRD via the 2009 Volunteer Service Award.
- We work to sustain and expand forest and park off-leash access.
DogPAC's mission is to promote the health and enjoyment of dogs and their guardians through the provision of off-leash recreation opportunities in Central Oregon.
We hope this site, our advocacy, and our on-the-ground work enhance your enjoyment of outdoor experiences with your dog.
It is important for you and others that your dog behaves responsibly
when off-leash. Please check out our Get Smart webpage for etiquette tips and other useful information.
Our three keys to successful outdoor experiences:
Enjoyment, Responsibility, and Access.
Your donation funds trail maintenance; volunteers drive our dreams.
Thank you, sponsors!
DogPAC is pleased to announce another way to support our work! Central Oregon Charities provides a free Mobile Donor Engagement System to charities in the Central Oregon area including DogPAC.