3rd Annual 5k Ruff Run/Walk Saturday August 17th. Day of Registration begins at 6:30 am and the run/walk begins at 8:00 am. Bring your pooch, family and friends and join us for Bend's ONLY dog friendly 5k Run/Walk around the Old Mill District. New for 2013 "Costume Contest" with a HUGE prize going to first place! Proceeds from the Ruff Run benefit DogPac.org
DogPAC, Bend Parks and Recreation, Bend Vet Clinic, Animal Emergency Center, Friends of Pine Nursery, Bend Pet Express, and Lifestyle Bend invite you to join us in cleaning up our off leash areas. Join us on one of the following dates at your favorite off-leash area.
Saturday, May 11, Bob Wenger (Pine Nursery) OLA, 9AM - noon, adopted by The Friends of Pine Nursery
Sunday, May 19, Big Sky OLA, 9:00 AM - noon, adopted by Animal Emergency Center
Saturday, May 25, Ponderosa OLA, 9:00 AM - noon, adopted by Bend Pet Express
Wednesday, May 29, GoodDog! 5:30 - 7:30, maintained by DogPAC
Saturday, June 1, Overturf OLA, 9:00 AM - noon, adopted by Bend Lifestyle
Wednesday, June 12, Phil's Trialhead 5:30 - 7:30, maintained by DogPAC
Saturday, June 22, Awbrey OLA, 9:00 AM - noon, adopted by the Fido Fairies
Tools provided ~ please bring gloves and a water bottle.
A map of Bend Parks and Recreation OLA's is on our Off Leash Parks page; GoodDog! is an off leash area on Forest Service land on the left side of Cascade Lakes Highway; the trail head is approximately one mile on the left past Entrada Lodge. And Phil's trailhead system is off Skyliner Rd approximately one mile on the left past Mt. Washington.
Some of our activities and accomplishments
DogPAC is a community volunteer organization that does a combination of advocacy (many hours in meetings) and on-the-ground enhancement for off-leash recreation (many hours in the forest and parks).
- We provide information and promote responsible dog guardianship, especially relating to off-leash recreation.
- We adopted and maintain the Deschutes River Trail and broader Good Dog! area between Entrada Lodge and Meadow Camp.
- We created, maintain, and groom Central Oregon's only groomed ski and snowshoe trails that allow dogs.
- We provide poop bags and empty "poop trash" at Good Dog!, the Wanoga winter trail, and the Phil's Trail parking area.
- We catalyzed the relaxation of summer trail restrictions in the national forest (Deschutes River Trail and wilderness).
- We catalyzed the Bend Park and Recreation District's expansion from 1 OLA to 7 in 2009; the Oregon Recreation and Park Association recognized our collaboaration with BPRD via the 2009 Volunteer Service Award.
- We work to sustain and expand forest and park off-leash access.
DogPAC's mission is to promote the health and enjoyment of dogs and their guardians through the provision of off-leash recreation opportunities in Central Oregon.
We hope this site, our advocacy, and our on-the-ground work enhance your enjoyment of outdoor experiences with your dog.
It is important for you and others that your dog behaves responsibly
when off-leash. Please check out our Get Smart webpage for etiquette tips and other useful information.
Our three keys to successful outdoor experiences:
Enjoyment, Responsibility, and Access.
Your donation funds trail maintenance; volunteers drive our dreams.
Thank you, sponsors!
DogPAC is pleased to announce another way to support our work! Central Oregon Charities provides a free Mobile Donor Engagement System to charities in the Central Oregon area including DogPAC.